How to get there
The island’s two main ports are Vathy and Karlovasi. There is daily connection with Ikaria, the Cyclades and Piraeus (Nissos Mykonos) to both ports, prices of approx. €54-€48 one way, depending on the category. There is also connection with North Aegean islands and the Dodekanese, once a week. From Samos you can take a daily transfer to Turkey/ Kusadasi, operated by 2 Greek and 2 Turkish boats.
- Samos Port Authority, t.22730 27318 and 27890
Samos Airport is located 4 kms west of Pythagorio and the taxi transfer costs around €15.
There are daily flights (3 times/ day) from Athens International Airport “El. Venizelos”, (cost of tkt is €41-€102/ one way), weekly flights to Thessaloniki, Rhodes, Chios, Mytilini, Limnos and only during the high summer season daily charter flights (England, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Holland, Belgium, Swiss and Scandinavian countries).
- Olympic Air: Tel.: +302103550500 and 8018010101 (http://www.olympicair.com/)
- Aegean Air, Reservations, tel. 801 11 20000, mobile/ abroad, call centre +30 210 6261000, http://aegeanair.com/
Useful Phone Numbers (country code +30, area code 22730)
- Samos Police Dpt.: 22730 22100
- Karlovasi Police Dpt. : 22730 33333
- Fire Brigade: 22730 22199
- Hospital: 22730 83100
- First Aid/ Emergency : 22730 22222
- Tourist Police: 22730 87344 και 22730 81000
- Taxi Service: Samos, tel. 22730 28404, Karlovasi, tel. 22730 30777, Marathokambos, tel. 22730 31000, Pythagorion, tel. 22730 61450, Kokkari, tel. 22730 92585.
- Public Transport Office, tel. 22730-80396, Local Buses (KTEL), tel. 22730-27262